24 Jun Delish Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
My mom and aunt make the world’s best gluten-y cinnamon rolls. If I had to give them a rating, I would give my mom’s rolls a 9.5 and my aunt’s a 10. I think they both use the same recipe, but my aunt bakes them a little less and they come out more doughy, which I love.
I discovered this recipe for gluten-free cinnamon rolls that starts with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust mix. It is a solid 8.5 — maybe even a 9. My gluten-eating family members love them and I think you will, too!
Don’t be scared away by the use of yeast in this recipe. I had never used yeast unsupervised before (my mom was always nearby telling me what to do when I made something that called for it). Trust me. You can do this and the reward will be delicious cinnamon rolls that you made yourself.
Delish Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
yeast packet included with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 cup warm milk
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix (entire package is 3 1/4 cups)
Gluten-free flour as needed for dusting (I like Cup 4 Cup)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Add 1 tablespoon of the sugar to the warm milk. Sprinkle the yeast package on top of the milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Cream together the butter and rest of the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in completely.
3. Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend. Add in the pizza crust mix combined with the baking powder; blend two minutes.
4. Heavily dust a two-foot long sheet of wax paper with gluten-free flour. Spread the dough the length of the wax paper, to about 12 x 20 inches. Using warm water, wet your hands and press the dough outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet.
5. Once the dough evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the dough from edge to edge.
6. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the entire length of the dough.
7. Pick up the short edge of the wax paper and start carefully rolling the dough up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1/2 inch pieces and gently place the slices into a greased 8 x 8 pan. It is okay to crowd them.
8. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and let rolls rise for 90 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
10. Place a pan of water in the oven under the rolls during baking. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
2 cups of powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons melted butter
1-2 tablespoons milk
Combine ingredients until smooth and pour over warm cinnamon rolls.